BizClik Media, a digital publisher with a large and rapidly expanding portfolio of business and industry platforms, is on the lookout for a top-rate copy editor to join its growing team.
From its plush new riverside offices overlooked by Norwich’s stunning cathedral, BizClik operates more than 15 websites, a wide range of associated social media channels, and its principal product - digital magazines.
BizClik Media publishes hundreds of thousands of words of content every month, so is looking for a copy editor to play a crucial role at the heart of the editorial team, ensuring our standards remain consistently high.
PURPOSE OF ROLE: To ensure the quality of content produced across all BizClik Media publications is both consistent and high. The Copy Editor is expected to proof and, if necessary, edit and rework all long-form digital magazine content, which includes sponsored digital reports, interview-led features, researched articles and top 10 list pieces.
The content leaving the Copy Editor’s desk must be eye-catching, insightful and grammatically and structurally sound, appealing to B2B, executive audiences working in the industries covered by our publications. There may also be occasional opportunities to contribute magazine or website articles, depending on workload. An ongoing task will be to aid the development and expansion the company’s editorial style guide, ensuring this is applied by all writers.
- Forensically proof and edit magazine feature drafts. This includes:
- Checking/correcting grammar, ensuring no technical mistakes remain in the copy
- Ensuring headlines, standfirsts and opening lines engage readers, and that the rest of the feature is structured logically and tells a story. If necessary, this can involve re-writing sections or sending drafts back to writers.
- Checking that the article aligns with the write-ups/prelim documents produced for the writer by the sales teams (for sponsored digital reports only)
- Applying the editorial style guide
- Making sure all information and content is submitted correctly e.g. templates filled in with pull quotes, statistics, box out ideas, company information.
- Provide feedback to feature writers on how to improve articles.
- Work closely with the production team to ensure a consistent workflow and that production deadlines are met.
- Understand the interests of our brands’ audiences and apply this to editing duties.
- Update and develop BizClik Media’s editorial style guide.
- Write content for the website and magazines as and when required.
- Check magazine content once designed e.g. proofing page furniture.
- If time, occasionally sweep our brands’ website content for grammatical and presentational errors
- Web Content