Coordinating Technical Author
Location: Letchworth / Bristol
Salary: Attractive packages
Hours: 37 hours per week, with possible overtime
Contract: Permanent / Contract
DCS Sonovision UK provides a full range of Technical Publications to multi-national companies world-wide. We develop printed, electronic and online documentation, working to industry specific standards such as S1000D, ATA, JSP and DITA for the Defence, Energy and Aerospace sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual to take the lead role working on single-engine utility helicopter on behalf of a world-class manufacturer. The role will be coordinating / producing RMM, SRM and IPC documentation. This role will be based in the UK with quarterly on-site liaison visits (3-5 days) in Switzerland.
To be considered for this opportunity:
Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience within the aircraft industry, with rotary wing (rotorcraft) experience an advantage.
• Experience working on Data Modules
• Experience with S1000D (preferably version 4.1)
• Experience with RMM / AMM, SRM, CMM, IPC
• Experience in writing to Simplified Technical English (STE)
• Familiar with ICN structure
• Good understanding of engineering data in a variety of formats from Engineering drawings to Design Reports
• Experienced in managing / coordinating fast paced Technical Publications projects - including reporting to the senior management / customer and financial management of the project
• Adequate competency using different software packages for planning/reporting purposes
• Liaising with the customers engineering team based in Switzerland
• A pro-active thinker that can provide potential solutions
• Ability to track production of tasks from conception to completion
• Drive and enthusiasm to achieve customer quality criteria
• Ability to work to deadlines and adhere to schedules
• Ability work with a minimum of supervision
• Valid Driving License
• Current SC Clearance an advantage
Please note candidates must successfully undergo UK Security Vetting before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is Security Check (SC).
Our client is part of an international technical publications organisation with a strong business vision. Our UK offices in Letchworth & Bristol support a strong customer base which is rapidly growing.
Experience of the following an advantage: Technical Author, Technical Writer, Coordinator, Engineering, Aircraft industry, Aviation, Rotocraft, Helicopter, S1000D, STE, Simplified Technical English
No Agencies please
- Document Management
- Technical writer
- Simplified Technical English
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job