Are you passionate about preparing tasty dishes using seasonal and local produce? Would you like to escape working late nights and split shifts? We're looking for a Cook to join our team at Uppark House and Garden.
The Hours: This is a full-time position. Working an average 37.5 hours per week, which will be spread across the week. Working 5 days over 7. Please note that due to peak periods during the summer period you may be required to work more hours however during the winter season your hours will be reduced. This is an annualised hours position which means despite of the increase and decrease of hours you will still receive 12 equal payments throughout the year.
The Salary: £18,075 per annum
Duration: Permanent VacancyWhat it's like to work here
Situated in the East Pavilion, and the site of the old orangery, our café offers great food with stunning views across the South Downs. Working here you will truly feel that you are part of an inspired team who work together to ensure that our special places last forever.What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you’ll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food. Working with local produce you'll always be looking for ways to minimise waste and control costs and resources. With your attention to detail you’ll ensure each dish is fresh, tasty and beautifully presented every time.
As a key member of our busy Food & Beverage team, you’ll make sure the team is working effectively to deliver great results. You may also be required, on occasions to supervise volunteers.
You’ll help the Food & Beverage team ensure our kitchens are presented to the highest standard and are compliant with all relevant legislation around food hygiene and COSHH.Who we're looking for
You'll need to be;
- Passionate about food
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- A good team player
- Creative and proactive
- IT literate
- Experienced in delivering a centrally developed menu in a fast paced, catering environment
- Proud to deliver exceptional customer service
- Aware of good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Benefits for working for The National Trust;
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust Shops & National Trust Cafes
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (Under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% of basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering per year
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'