Cook, Chatterton Hey, Bury
We are looking for a Cook to join our team based in Bury on a part time basis working a maximum of 25 hours per week, some of which will be unsocial. You will receive a salary of £12,420 per annum plus benefits including company pension scheme with an up to 8% matching contribution from the Trust and also free 24 hour access to our Employee Assistance Programme. Additionally, you will get 20 days annual leave in the first year, rising to 25 days in the second year and 30 days in the third year (pro rata).
Langley House Trust is an innovative national Christian charity that provides specialist housing, programmes and support services in the community for offenders seeking to live crime-free lives. Since 1958 we have earned an enviable reputation for reducing reoffending with proven results. Regardless of a person’s history, our passion is to change every life for the better, working with people of all faiths and none.
As our Cook you will assist Managers and Key Workers in the delivery of a stable and effective project by the efficient delivery of the day-to-day service and in particular to prepare well balanced and nutritious meals and to ensure the domestic duties are undertaken.
Responsibilities of our Cook include:
- Play an active part in the assessment and management of risk to maintain a safe operating environment for staff, clients and the public.
- Promote high standards and to comply with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Ensure that the kitchen is kept clean at all times.
- Oversee the purchase, safe storage and preparation, cooking and serving of all food within the project and disposal of waste.
- Plan menus in consultation with the manager and service users and ensure that there a sufficient quantities of stock to enable the meals to be prepared.
- Liaise with local suppliers as necessary seeking best value and to organise collection or delivery and to ensure that stock is correctly logged into the project.
- Regularly carry out stock checks ensuring that stock rotated, is stored correctly and that out of date items are removed.
- Organise and oversee client activities within the kitchen
Our project in Bury is a Registered Care home which has extensive grounds and independent move-on accommodation on site. We are a small and friendly team and you would be supported by the management team at the project and have an appropriate induction so you can feel confident in adjusting to a new role, which will include shadowing staff.
If you are in harmony with the Christian ethos of our organisation and wish to join our team as our Cook please click ‘Apply’ now!
Closing Date: 21/06/2018
We reserve the right to close earlier if we receive sufficient applicants. No Agencies or C.V’s
Please note that a satisfactory DBS check is required for all appointments within the Trust and that job offers will be subject to the Trust receiving satisfactory evidence of the successful applicant’s right to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"