You'll love working at this iconic place, helping us prepare fantastic food from fresh ingredients. As a keen baker you will love making our delicious cakes from scratch daily, while making fresh soups and savoury dishes too. You will be doing 4 or 5 days a week between March and October, up to 37.5 hours per week. Through the winter a minimum of 2 days per week, but you'll also help us cover up to full time when necessary and there are usually additional shifts if you'd like them. Each day you'll do 7.5 hours, with either a 7am or 8am start and no evening work. Because of the early start you will need your own transport to get here.
The hourly rate for this role is £8.46.What it's like to work here
An ever popular location, the White Cliffs of Dover attract thousands of visitors each year. Looking out over the English Channel, the views are stunning and on a good day, the French coast can be visible. The location is full of unusual plants and insects too, as well as showcasing the historic significance of the area, so has something for everyone. In joining our friendly team, you'll be helping us provide a great visit for everyone.What you'll be doing
With your passion for food and your appetite to provide an exceptional service to your customers, you’ll work with the National Trust Cookbook framework to prepare delicious food. Working with local produce you'll always be looking for ways to minimise waste and control costs and resources. With your attention to detail you’ll ensure each dish is fresh, tasty and beautifully presented every time.
As a key member of our busy catering team, you’ll make sure the team is working effectively to deliver great results. You may also be required, on occasions to supervise volunteers.
You’ll help the catering team ensure our kitchens are presented to the highest standard and are compliant with all relevant legislation around food hygiene and COSHH.
The National Trust ethos will always be at the forefront of your mind, and you'll be proud to share our good work with our customers, you’ll look to maximise sales with new ideas so that the profit can be reinvested back into our conservation work.Who we're looking for
We are looking for someone to join our dedicated team to exceed our customer’s expectations with the delicious food we prepare and serve.
You'll need to be;
- Passionate about food
- Customer focussed with great communication skills
- A good team player
- Creative and proactive
- IT literate
- Experienced in delivering a centrally developed menu in a fast paced, catering environment
- Proud to deliver exceptional customer service
- Aware of good working knowledge of Health & Safety compliance requirements
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service
- Active Team Player
- Customer focussed
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job