Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Are you looking for the next step to progress your career, an opportunity to grow and develop within our highly successful, award winning independent company?
We have a new and exciting opportunity to recruit a Mobile Relief Cook within the Education Sector.
Hours: 27.5 hours per week, Mon-Fri, Term time only. Manchester area
We are looking for a strong, commercially minded Relief Cook with excellent knowledge of the education sector. Working under the guidance of an Area Manager the role will be ideal for someone who wants to develop their career in this fast growing business sector.
Mobile Relief Cook Role Purpose:
- Ensure succinct provision of a full service to Primary Schools as part of the Taylor Shaw brand.
- Managing staff.
- Controlling a tight budget.
- Attending training courses, as required
- Stock auditing.
- Ordering and inducting new staff.
- Ensure engagement with school business managers, head teachers and student representative bodies and at stages be prepared to brief board of governors on request.
- Ensure support provided to schools as there will be a requirement to support some evening and weekend activities.
- Individual will need to be fully qualified 706/2 or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the Education Sector is preferred.
- Must have excellent cooking skills in both presentation and taste.
- You must be a self-motivated individual who works well unsupervised.
- You must have excellent people management skills and be able to motivate your team.
- Understand School Food Trust Guidelines on Nutrition.
- Be proactive and ensure innovation through team and service.
- You must be an excellent communicator and in order to build relationships with customers and clients alike.
- Demonstrates confidence with a ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Competitive salary package
- Company sick pay scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Recognition reward and awards
- Long Service awards
- Fantastic Career Development opportunities
- Annual Salon Culinaire
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Access to a Save as you Earn Scheme
The ideal Mobile Relief Cook candidate will have a proven track record of craft excellence and extensive knowledge of Catering Provision and monitoring. Own transport is essential.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check the cost of which will be borne by the company. Immediate start available.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job