We are currently recruiting a Cook to work 40 hours per week for Nightingale.
Salary/Benefits: £8.40 p/h, cycle to work, pension, uniform, DBS paid for, meals while at work
Site address: 46-48 Stourcliffe Avenue, Southbourne, Dorset, BH6 3PX
Nightingale is a specialist residential home for up to 10 adults, set up in order to extend our provision beyond school age. Its emphasis is on developing life, vocational and intellectual skills that will support a successful transition into adult life.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Liaise with the manager when planning/costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of fresh foods, as available.
• Prepare, cook and serve meals, hot and cold, as appropriate. Responsible for maintaining and managing the food budget.
• Provide special diets where necessary as well as taking into account the preferences of individual patients.
• Be responsible for the washing up after meals and the overall cleaning of the kitchen and where appropriate the dining area.
• Maintain an accurate record / list of food supplies, freezer temperatures requirements, etc. where requested / required.
• Order stocks and check deliveries, as well as check and value stocks as required by the manager.
• Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
Skills and experience
• Good communication.
• Ability to plan nourishing and attractive menus within available budgets
• Team player / Works on own initiative.
• Experience of working in a care/ Hospital environment
• NVQ3 or evidence of same.
• Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
• Hospitality experience.
• Experience of preparing fresh food to cover 3 main meal times.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the people within our care. All candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Want to make a positive difference? We look forward to hearing from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job