Job Title: Cook Supervisor
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week - Monday to Sunday: Alternating shifts of 06.30hrs - 14.45hrs (45 min unpaid break) and 11.30hrs - 20.00hrs (60 min unpaid break), working 5 out of 7 days.
Our client is a unique state day and boarding school with an outstanding reputation. A vacancy exists for an Cook Supervisor who will assist and support the work of the College's Catering Department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The production and service of meals and refreshments throughout the school day
- Catering for all school functions and courses held during the school term and non-term time
- Prepares, cooks and serves meals
- Monitor stock control, rotation and records
- Assists in the preparation of College meals
- Manages use and care of and equipment
- Ensures staff and kitchen hygiene requirements are met
- Ensures Health and Safety at work requirements are met
- Completes all records and returns as required
- Assist in the training of new and existing staff
- Training new and existing staff
The personal competencies expected of all College support staff are:
- The ability to communicate clearly and tactfully using appropriate methods and an awareness of the impact of your own communication on others;
- Able to maintain positive relationships with all and able to work as an effective and flexible part of a team; willing to change methods of work and routines to benefit the team;
- Willingness to accept responsibility for your own actions; the ability to prioritise effectively, meet deadlines and accept challenges.
The professional competencies expected of a Cook Supervisor are:
- Have excellent organisational skills;
- Have previous experience of training staff;
- Have good oral and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with all staff and students;
- Have excellent people and customer service skills.
The qualifications and previous experience required for a Cook Supervisor are:
- A good level of literacy and numeracy;
- Have previous experience in a busy kitchen, with an in-depth knowledge of food preparation, production and service;
- Have sound knowledge of Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations in relation to food preparation, service and storage.
How to Apply
To apply, please click apply and submit your most up to date CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"