Cook Supervisor - Hawick High School
Hourly Rate: £9.17 - £9.83
Salary: £17,702.33 - £18,975.66 pro rata per annum
Contract Duration: Permanent
1. Provide cover for sickness/absences in various units.
2. Manage the day to day operation of the Unit
3. Responsible for the ordering, storage, preparation, cooking and serving of all foods plus cleaning materials for the Unit
4. Responsible for working to a given menu and within the appropriate costs set
5. Work within targets/guidelines as agreed with the Area Catering Manager (food and labour costs)
6. Responsible for welfare and work practices of all staff
7. Induction and basic training of staff
8. Responsible for the day to day administration
9. Responsible for the training and implementation of kitchen hygiene and cleaning schedules
10. Responsible for portion control as per client specification
11. Responsible for cash floats and banking daily
12. To undertake catering function work, occasionally outwith the normal working day
13. Any other duties as specified by the Area Catering Manager
City and Guilds 706/2 or SVQ II Food Preparation & Cooking
Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate
Informal enquiries can be made to Sheila Anderson SA Or Tel
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"