Job Reference ID: ABB/407/050427
Home Name: Abbeylands
Location: Newtownabbey, Antrim, UK
Weekly Hours: 40
You will work to ensure you to provide nutritious and enticing meals for the residents in our care. You will be responsible for ensuring mealtimes are an enjoyable part of the day, ensuring food is developed and served in a efficient and safe manner.
So as a Cook Manager what do you need to do to make this happen?
* Prepare breakfast, taking into account any special dietary requirements advised by home management
* Prepare and serve between meal drinks and snacks as advised by management
* Prepare midday meal according to agreed menu following safety and timing guidelines
* Prepare simple accompaniments, such as gravy or custard, according to menu
requirements and company food safety guidelines
* Be present in dining room at service periods and engage with Residents
* Cook and serve simple alternative meals when required
* Undertake homebaking and present attractively for afternoon tea
* Meet all Residents on admission to discuss menu requirements
* Attend regular meetings to keep abreast of Resident views and expectations
* Maintain effective stock control system ensuring sufficient stock to meet demand
* Order stock efficiently to minimise waste and make best use of budget
* Ensure compliance with statutory and company requirements on food hygiene, storage and temperature control by following guidance in Food Safety Management System and maintain all necessary records in a legible manner
* Ensure kitchen environment is clean, tidy and hazard free. Ensuring schedules for cleaning of equipment and kitchen are prepared, displayed and implemented
* Ensure Company policy on Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) is adhered to
* Supervise kitchen assistants
* Complete staffing rotas for kitchen ensuring adequate levels of staff are rostered on duty as needed to provide level of service required
In order to achieve this our Cook Manager should have:
An excellent knowledge of food hygiene and food preparation with Level 2 Food Saftey in Catering. Be knowledgeable and experienced in basic cooking and baking methods. Have experience of stock control and purchase and budget management. This will be combined with with a positive attitude, and a desire to deliver the best possible service to the residents in our care. Experience of supervising a team is desirable.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development programme, childcare vouchers and an employee discount scheme. Plus free parking and uniform where applicable.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please click on Apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'