Do you have experience in kitchens or catering?
Would you like to gain further training and experience in this area?
Are you looking for part time work, with immediate start?
Our client in York are urgently seeking experienced Cooks for various shifts within a Childrens respite Care Centre. You will be responsible for:
- Preparing healthy meals from fresh produce for children and staff (maximum 20 persons).
- Preparing special diets throughout catering of this group.
- Maintaining a safe kitchen environment, adhering to infection control protocols and food safety.
- Planning menus and ordering provisions from identified suppliers working within a specified budget.
- Weekly checking of stock, rotation, dates and disposal.
- Daily fridge temperature checks
Supervison and training are provided. Holding Level 2 Food Safety is essential. 18.5 hours per week.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all WorkwithYork staff to share this commitment. Work will be subject to references, a face to face interview and an Enhanced Criminal Records check via the DBS.
Please apply by completing our application form or email your full CV including reference details.