Residential Care Home Cook - Yorkshire
Duration: Permanent / Part-time / Full-time hours available
Salary: £9.60 Per Hour
Working Hours: 08:00am - 17:00 - 3 shifts on, 3 shifts off.
This Residential Care Home are recruiting for a dedicated Cook to join their friendly team based in Yorkshire.
To apply for this job, you must be flexible and able to work weekends, if required.
Care Home Cook: The Job Role
- Plan, prepare and cook a variety of meals which are appealing, nutritious and centres around residents’ preferences, requests or any special dietary requirements.
- To be active and encouraging, provide advice and guidance for the team ensuring that The Care Home is a friendly, supportive working environment.
- To understand and comply with statutory and legal requirements such as HACCP, Health and Safety, COSHH, Environmental Health, ensuring a safe environment within the home.
- Implement, monitor and maintain cleaning schedules that meet the requirements of the HACCP Manual, and ensure that all areas of the kitchen are immaculately clean. This will include the washing up of pots, pans and dishes when required.
- Ensure sufficient food stocks are ordered and received from approved suppliers and that stock rotation is taking place to maintain optimum freshness of all food stuff ensuring the highest quality expected within The Care Home.
- Responsible for all kitchen equipment ensuring it is in full, safe working order, reporting any damage or faults to the Caretaker and Home Manager and following up any appropriate action.
- To be understanding towards residents and their needs and attend resident/relative meetings. Regularly monitor and assess resident’s satisfaction with the catering service provided in their home, and respond accordingly and positively to ideas and feedback.
Care Home Cook: Working Hours
08:00am - 17:00 - 3 shifts on, 3 shifts off.
Average working week of 29 hours.
Care Home Cook: The Job Requirements
To be considered for this role you will need:
- To be fully flexible - you must be able to work weekends, if required
- At least 1 years’ catering experience for up to 25 covers
- Experience of planning and preparing meals
Please apply for this Care Home Cook Role if you have the following experience:
Cook | Catering | Care Home | Nursing Home | Residential Care Home |
Please note: Due our clients safeguarding policy, any postcode displayed is selected at random, for the purpose of posting this advertisement, and full address details will be provided to successful applicants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job