Our client, located in Bexleyheath, are seeking to recruit an experience conveyancing secretary.
- To support fee earners in the management of secretarial work load
- To support fee earners in the production of files, correspondence, documents, attendance notes etc by typing dictated work or other work as directed
- To support fee earners in the maintenance of files by effective file management
- To assist fee earners in the management of caseloads by dealing with file related queries either face to face or by telephone
- To ensure clients and other contacts are dealt with efficiently, politely and promptly and that appropriate issues are raised with the relevant fee earners
- To assist in general office administration and the locating of files when necessary
- To undertake photocopying as and when required
- To transmit correspondence and other documentation by fax or email when necessary
- To deal with internal phone calls efficiently, politely and promptly
- To take clear messages when appropriate and ensure any such messages are drawn to the attention of the relevant fee earner or staff member
- To ensure that all internal procedures are adhered to
- To manage own work allocation and productivity with minimum supervision
- To provide secretarial cover for fee earners other than the fee earner assigned to you as and when required
- To provide reception cover as and when required
- To assist with banking, post, DX etc as and when required
- Supplying quotations to Clients in person and over the telephone
- Writing letters and financial documents
- Organising and maintaining case files
- Scheduling meetings and appointment and meeting Clients
- Liaising with Local Authorities and Land Registry
- Dealing with exchanges and completions.
- Undertaking all post completion work including preparing SDLT’s online and registrations (training will be provided if necessary)
- Costing and closing client file
- Self-motivated and able to organise own work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle demanding circumstances.
- Good time management
- A flexible approach to work.
- Committed to completing tasks and objectives.
- Ability to work to the required standard.
- Attention to detail and quality of work.
- Committed to improving working practices.
- Operates effectively as part of a team.
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues.
- Open and friendly
- Good people handling skills - both face to face and on the telephone
- Recent practical experience of legal secretarial work preferably as a conveyancing secretary
- Working knowledge of using software packages with good IT and keyboard skills.
- Experience of handling client enquiries both face to face and by telephone.
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous use of legal case management software in particular Osprey
- Working knowledge of Excel
- A commitment to personal development
- A willingness to assist with business development
- Telephone Manner
- General Office Administration