Our reputable firm are currently looking for a Conveyancing Secretary to join their busy team in Derby. You will be required to provide efficient and effective support on all conveyancing and administration matters.
Candidates must have previous Conveyancing experience to be considered.
- Dealing with clients face to face and by phone
- Preparing initial paperwork and documentation to clients and solicitors
- Obtaining client’s identification documentation
- Drafting/approving documents e.g. Contract, Transfer Deeds & Notice of Assignments etc.
- Obtaining office copies and other official copy documents from HM Land Registry.
- Checking Titles and reporting on title to the clients.
- Applying for and also reporting on searches i.e. Local Search/Water and Drainage Search
- Applying for redemption statements from lenders.
- Dealing with Estate Agents and Lenders.
- Undertaking and confirming exchange of contracts and advising all relevant parties.
- Dealing with raising and replying to requisitions.
- Applying for and reporting on pre-completion searches i.e. OS1/bankruptcy;
- Preparing completion statements and invoices
- Preparing completion bundles
- Chasing up and monitoring release of funds and redemption statements.
Skills / Experience:
- Excellent keyboard skills, be computer literate and have a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- A flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication skills with a good confident telephone manner and the ability to deal with clients
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good personal organisation skills.
- Previous Conveyancing experience.
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate