Our client are seeking to recruit a Paralegal to work within their Securitisation team based in their Colchester office. The right candidate will already have previous conveyancing experience. You will have excellent attention to detail and be able to manage your own caseload. This is a demanding role that will require flexibility and the ability to successfully prioritise competing demands.
Our Client act for a broad range of clients, including private and public companies, developers, local authorities, funders and regulators but in particular and for a significant number of charities and housing associations. They are a “full service” firm with specialists in Banking, Commercial/Corporate, Litigation, Housing, Employment, Projects & Property.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Solicitor supervising you in the securitisation team with specific tasks allocated on his/her files to include: identifying Titles, obtaining Official Copy Entries and Office Copy Documents from the Land Registry Link, carrying out Searches, obtaining items from Local Authorities, chasing for outstanding items, carrying out pre-completion Land Registry Searches and dealing with post-completion matters
- Providing the Solicitor supervising you with progress reports as and when required
- Assisting with the organising and maintaining of the Solicitor’s tidy and accurate files electronically
- Providing cover and support to the other paralegals within the team as and when required and assisting on securitisation matters
- Meeting targets that may be set from time to time
- Following department procedures, the Solicitor’s accounts rules and the Firm’s policies and procedures as detailed in the Office Manual
- Undertaking such duties and tasks that are appropriate for the role of Paralegal such as changes in information systems and new technology as may reasonably be required.
- Possess good drafting skills.
- Conduct effective legal research.
- Competent in all MS applications, to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be client focussed and have an approachable manner with good communication skills/telephone manner.
- Have a methodical approach, with good attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels.
- Possess a strong customer service ethic with the ability to empathise with clients.
- Excellent administration skills, organisation and attention to detail.
- Good time management skills, able to deal with more than one task at a time, able to work with limited supervision, able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, able to prioritise a heavy workload.
- Be a supportive team player and willing to assist others.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, tenacious and approachable.
- Be assertive and confident with dealing with people at all levels.
- Be calm and professional at all times.
- Be punctual and flexible. If you have capacity, you may be required to help other departments, or team members, though this tends to be very rare.
- 2:1 degree or equivalent in Law (or appropriate conversion).
- Successful completion of the LPC or studying the LPC part time.
- Studying CILEx.
- Knowledge of DMS (Document Management System).
It is Career Legal’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Career Legal is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this permanent vacancy on behalf of one of its Clients. Thank you
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job