Role: Conveyancing Assistant - (12 month Maternity Cover)
Salary: £18K - £20K - Neg. + Excellent Benefits
In a recent survey 95% of their staff agreed that they are committed to offering excellent client service.
- They provide an extensive range of legal services to Business / personal Clients throughout the South Midlands
- A modern thinking firm, with 19 Partners / 140+ staff across 6 growing locations
- Investing in technology, premises, knowledge, business development and their people
- A Legal 500 recognised firm + recognised by 'the Lawyer' as a chasing 50 law firm
- Actively involved in their surrounding communities and previous Winners of 'Customer Service' award at the Business Excellence Awards
- Developing the careers of its staff both in fee earning and support roles
- This is a full time, 12 month Maternity Cover role. You should have at least 2 years previous experience in a busy Residential Conveyancing environment and knowledge of a case management system is preferable.
- You will assist in the day to day running and administration of Conveyancing files to include preparation of standard letters and documents via the Case Management system from the outset of a transaction through to completion, preparation of bills and completion statements, setting up and dealing with completions and all post-completion matters.
- You will be responsible for compliance with the firms money laundering requirements - (i.e. obtaining clear result via Call ML and if referred then producing standard letter to clients requesting proof of identification.)
- Other duties include attending to clients, estate agents, solicitors, intermediaries and other 3rd parties both on the telephone and in person to provide updates and general advice. Acting as the first point of contact for all clients where possible, preparing work as requested by any Conveyancing fee earner to whom he/she reports.
- Working as part of an experienced team in this busy department with a demanding workload means that you must be able to handle pressure and prioritise your daily work load.
- The role will cover a wide range of Conveyancing work & give you exposure to work which will enable your knowledge to grow rapidly.
- Hours of work are 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
IN APPLYING PROVIDE A PARAGRAPH TO 'SELL YOURSELF’ INTO SUCH A ROLE
- Legal Assistants
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job