Our client has a vacancy for a Conveyancer to support the Head of Department in the provision of legal services by providing high quality timely conveyancing legal advice and assistance to clients in accordance with CQS compliance.
- To manage an agreed caseload of clients, providing appropriate advice and assistance in accordance with professional standards, compliance and internal quality requirements;
- To process cases on a timely and cost effective basis and in accordance with professional standards, compliance and internal quality requirements;
- To bill and collect debts and to collect disbursements in advance;
- To provide written, telephone and office costs estimates to Introducers and prospective clients with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested;
- To develop and maintain good client and commercial contact relationships and enhance the firm’s client base by effective liaison with existing clients and Introducers;
- To achieve all individual financial costs targets;
- To maximise the firm’s potential to cross-sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities;
- To use the correct procedures and systems in order to manage cases effectively and in accordance with the firm’s standards, legal requirements and full CQS compliance.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision
- To keep yourself technically up to date by training and research.
- Self motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision;
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances;
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work;
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives;
- Delivers work output to the required standard;
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work;
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
Working with People
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others;
- Operates effectively as part of a team;
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success.
- Understands the importance of business targets and how they impact on their responsibilities;
- Considers the cost and profit implications of their proposals and decisions;
- Makes sound commercial judgments based on issues key to the success of the business;
- Know when to seek guidance or further input from others before taking action;
- Checks that information is accurate and complete.
- Able to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and constructive manner;
- Willing to ask questions, listen to others views and accept advice;
- Able to communicate with a diverse range of people at all levels;
- Prepared to contribute ideas and seek improvements;
- Good client and referrer handling skills both by telephone and face to face.
- Able to work without the need of admin support;
- Practical experience of working in the legal profession;
- Proven track record in Conveyancing client case management and fee earning;
- Ability to manage a file in accordance with CQS compliance and adhere to all their strict policies and procedures.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job