My client’s Private Client Conveyancing Team offers a highly professional conveyancing service designed to make the process of buying or selling property as efficient and stress-free for their clients.
My client remains the largest firm of conveyancing solicitors accredited under the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme. The conveyancing service provided by their Private Client Practice maintains the same high standards corporate clients have come to expect of the firm and is consistently commended in national consumer service awards.
The main purpose of the role is to be expert with the technical elements necessary to provide a quality and comprehensive conveyancing service with a customer service focus and working in accordance with the Valued Legal Services Agreed Behaviours. To effectively manage and develop support staff.
- Be completely familiar with the entire Conveyancing process to include post completion work and be familiar with the roles of support teams such as New Business and Accounts in the process.
- Check legal titles to all freehold transactions and be able to deal with all elements of these transactions.
- Check legal titles to leasehold transactions and deal with all elements of these transactions.
- Deal efficiently with purchase of plot transactions, sales of part and more complex matters such as the purchase of freeholds, drafting of easements, drafting of Statutory Declarations or Declarations of Trust subject to supervision where reasonably prudent.
- Be responsible and accountable for files.
- Recognise problems and refer these appropriately.
- Ensure that files are run in an orderly manner with minimum administrative and accounting errors.
- Attend any training sessions arranged by the Department at the reasonable request of a Team Manager.
- Attend external training courses to be fully up to date with changes in the law and conveyancing procedures.
- Be aware of associated areas of law such as Probate, Insolvency, Matrimonial which may affect transactions.
- Confidently and calmly deal with difficult telephone conversations with any of the key stakeholders in the process.
- Competently draft non-standard correspondence of a technical nature.
- Manage workloads effectively as well as those of the support staff.
- Effectively manage support staff by leading, encouraging and supporting whilst recognising any performance issues which should be dealt with or referred appropriately.
- Become familiar with the wider aspects of the housing and conveyancing markets.
- Achieve financial targets set for billing by Team Managers.
- Attend monthly meetings as reasonably required and assist in implementing agreed departmental procedures.
- Support Team Manager and department with marketing initiatives when required and collecting management information.
- Deputise for Team Manager in their absence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job