The company is a privately owned group and the UK arm of the business includes manufacturing, sales and technical, with some polymer blending R&D. Supplying adhesives and related materials into the paper associated industries, the company seeks a technical team member with experience of water based polymer blend applications that can work independently and identify and develop / modify products for customer specific applications. There can be demands from a number of customers at once and short time scales also for product modification.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain the company's existing long term business with high quality service levels. You will also support the conversion of the many new converting applications and contribute to the development of new sales.
Further responsibilities will be:
- The role will involve networking with the sales team and actively participating in Sales meetings.
- There is also a need to communicate effectively with the Technical/Quality department and Production planning.
- Report writing for customers and colleagues will be necessary e.g. trial reports / visit reports / excel data manipulation.
- The ability to self-manage and coordinate your activities with colleagues towards a common goal is important, along with determination and motivation to get results.
-From time to time there will be a need to support other field based colleagues as the need arises e.g. due to sickness, holiday etc
-Please note the role requires a degree of flexibility regarding work time since customer work schedules can and do change often at short notice.
- You will be required to travel nationally.
As a Sales support specialist, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
-Scientific University Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or similar
- Previous experience within the chemical industry would be preferred.
- Must be confident meeting clients and building relationships.
- A full driving licence is essential
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Science is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CH42058 in all correspondence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job