Flexible Medical have an exciting opportunity for a Converting Operative to join their growing team.
Job Title: Converting Operative
Salary: £20,360 per annum
Hours: 08:00 – 16:30 Mon – Thu and 08:00 – 13:30 Friday
FMP has been based in Lancaster since 1986. We are a subsidiary of CliniMed (Holdings) Ltd. Specialising in medical & pharmaceutical packing solutions, formulation services and packaging design. FMP has established a renowned reputation as a leader in this industry.
The Converting Operative is a member of the Print room Team reporting directly to the Print room Manager. The Converting Operative will be setting and operating either the Eldec or Kampf slitting machines to agreed targets and to achieve or improve on lead times set in the Production plan.
Converting Operative - Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance to; ISO/MCA and GMP
- All relevant SOP’s/policies and employee terms and conditions
- Health and Safety procedures
- Allocate and prioritise the workload according to the production plan
- To achieve target lead times for all product supply, while constantly improving due date performance
- Promote a team approach within the department and with other disciplines
- To ensure the highest standard of housekeeping at all times and to maintain cleaning schedules and servicing records
- To constantly reduce scrap levels within the department
- Ensure that all operations are carried out by the most efficient methods and routes
- To ensure raw materials and equipment required to execute the production orders are ready in advance of the commencement of the order
- Maintaining a high level of timekeeping
- Maintain housekeeping to a high standard to ensure a clean and safe working environment
- Ensure the appropriate P.P.E. is requested and used as and when required
- To ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to and all matters relating to this are dealt with using the resources within the company in line with the companies Health and Safety policy
- To ensure that all machine faults, problems and breakdowns are reported to the relevant personnel immediately
- Regularly clean machinery, maintaining a high level of quality and presentation for customers, auditors and suppliers
- To perform such other duties within the area of your competence in accordance with the ‘Terms and Conditions of Employment’
Converting Operative - Benefits:
- Excellent pension
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
You will complete training at our Lancaster site (LA1 4XS) and then move to our White Lund (LA3 3BN) site when the print department moves there.
To submit your CV for this exciting Converting Operative opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job