Conversion Machine Operator Apprentice
Conversion Machine Operator Apprentice
Location: Thrapston, Northants, NN14 4QS.
Contract: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours a week (Double day shift) 6.00am - 2.00pm and 2.00pm - 10.00pm.
Saica is one of the leading European players in the development and production of recycled paper for corrugated cardboard with a production of 2.5 million tons of paper.
The Company has recently built on its’ success in the paper and corrugated market and diversified into the development and production on Flexible packaging.
With more than 9,000 employees across Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, UK, Ireland, Turkey, Luxembourg and The Netherlands, Saica Group has four business divisions: recycled paper production for corrugated cardboard (PAPER), recyclable materials recovery (NATUR), production of corrugated packaging (PACK) and flexible packaging (FLEX).
The consolidated turnover of the multinational group is over 3.5 billion Euros.
About the role
We currently have two apprenticeship opportunities available for Conversion Machine Operators. As a Conversion apprentice you will receive full training to enable you to become a multi skilled process operator and a key member of our conversion team. The print apprenticeship / lean manufacturing modules will enable you to progress quickly to skilled operator or follow our design / management pathways.
• Ensure the safety of yourself and others around you
• Raise hazard cards for unsafe conditions
• Complete at least 1 behavioral safety occupation card per month
• Ensure high standards of product quality are maintained at all times
• Carry out basic maintenance tasks on the machine (wear parts replacement belt and chain tightening etc.)
• Carry out QC checks on finished product and complete QA paperwork
• Keep your area clean and tidy as per the 5S system
• Set up the machine between different jobs (customer orders) and ensure set time targets are met
• Carry out basic maintenance tasks on the machine (wear parts replacement, belt and chain tightening etc.)
• Drive the machine to meet production targets (OEE, Feeds, waste etc.)
• Use the Tier system to raise issues affecting Quality or performance
• Ensure effective handovers between shifts are achieved
• Carry out scheduled Level 1 maintenance (cleaning) of the machine and 'When Down Do’ activities
• Use CBS to run QC paperwork and enter codes after any machine downtime
• Forward plan and notify Team Leader of issues that will affect OEE Complete all SPS paperwork and graphs
• Use the system to communicate issues and maintain standards and performance
• Notify the team leader if customer orders are short
• Carry out basic machine Level 2 calibrations
• Participate in problem solving sessions
• Carry out basic machine lubrication and checks Complete risk assessments and safe systems of work (SSOW)
What we need from you
• A background of working with machinery in an Engineering, Manufacturing or similar capacity, whether studying at school or college
• Have good attention to detail and can demonstrate problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills written, verbal and electronically
• A commitment and desire to work within the manufacturing industry with Saica Pack
• Can demonstrate excellent team player qualities as well as able to work independently
• Minimum 5 GCSEs or equivalent including maths, English, Science, IT, and a language
• NVQ/BIT Level 1 or equivalent
The opportunity to be a future Leader/Manager within Saica Pack.
Things to consider
How will you travel to this location? Have you got good attention to detail and problem-solving skills?
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
If you feel you would be successful in this role then apply today!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'