Job Title: Conventional Machinist
Pay Rate: £9.00 - £15 per hour DOE
Hours: Monday - Thursday 07:30 - 16:30 and Friday 07:30 - 12:30
Workforce are recruiting for a Conventional Machinist for a precision engineering company based in Oldbury. The company offers a range of bespoke solutions for a range of sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Marine and Transportation industries.
- Responsible for producing bespoke machined parts from component drawings to the required standards.
- Produce quality components by programming, setting and operating appropriate equipment.
- Operate conventional Tool room type machines to make modified parts.
- Ensure components are both dimensionally correct and the visually aesthetic quality of the finished components is in line with the company's quality standards.
- Solve production and manufacturing problems, referring up to Manufacturing Manager and other team members when necessary.
- Be flexible in operating all equipment and ensure continuous improvement.
- Regulate and maintain machine, tools, jigs and parts.
About the Candidate:
- Experience in engineering or a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of conventional machining including Milling, Turning, Grinding.
- Must have experience in one off bespoke manufacturing.
- Able to read, interpret and understand engineering drawings.
- Be able to follow manufacturing instructions/sequences.
- Able to work within a team and on your own initiative while communicating with other staff.
If you have the skills listed above and interested in the vacancy please apply now below or call the Dudley office of Workforce Recruitment & Training.
Manufacturing Workforce are responsible for placing skilled and in demand people on both a permanent and contract basis into the Engineering, Technical and Manufacturing sectors, from skilled Shop Floor Personnel and Specialist Engineers to Supervisory and Management positions.
We operate from several prime locations throughout Central England and our Specialist Consultants will have an in-depth understanding of your skills and offer best advice on your next step.
We are always searching for the best talent, so if you know anyone, why not recommend someone to one of our professional team who will be more than happy to help.