PwC's Operate helps clients by getting hands-on, giving businesses the capability to manage operational challenges and turn them into positive outcomes. Most often, it means putting skilled, experienced people into client teams to run complex or high-risk regulatory programmes. Or we can take on client business-as-usual functions, to enable clients focus on their core business. All supported by our top class processes and technology.
With over 1,500 staff deployed on large implementation and execution programmes Operate brings together top talent with a distinctive mix of knowledge and skills. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines for some of the biggest brands worldwide.
One of our fastest growing services includes controls testing as well as regulatory compliance testing.
About the role
This is a management position, joining a growing team who provide controls testing (including SOX management compliance) across a wide range of clients and industries, helping our clients to gain assurance over their critical functions, processes and operations. This role will require you to bring the best of your experience, working alongside our team, to help set up and deliver testing programmes for our clients in a safe and effective manner.
The purpose of this role is primarily to support our clients to:
- Continue to strengthen the financial control environment.
- Work with Process Owners to maintain documentation of processes and controls.
- Continue to identify gaps and weaknesses in current processes and controls.
- Work with Process Owners to remediate significant gaps and weaknesses.
- Work with teams to provide oversight to periodic testing to test operating effectiveness of controls, report on results and recommend
- improvement and remediation where necessary.
- Promote a strong control environment in the UK and drive change
- Make improvements and develop new ideas, methods and services.
- Innovative approach to meet the challenges of multiple systems and data sources
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals with management experience in Controls audit gained in either an auditing practice or from industry / internal audit or management testing or compliance functions. Candidates with all levels of experience will be considered.
- Educated to degree level or relevant industry experience
- Experience on SOX audit or strong controls testing experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA or International equivalent) desirable
Skills & Experience
- Team leadership
- Financial accounting background
- Understanding of risks and controls
- Experience of process mapping
- Experience of controls testing & remediation
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to deliver high quality output to tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence, educate and lead the business into a stronger control culture
What's in it for you?
This is a very rewarding and stimulating career with a great degree of variety. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of global and high profile clients and get to engage with multiple PwC teams.
You will also have the opportunity to learn new ways of working and bring innovative solutions through technology and business process improvements.
You will benefit from first class audit technical and personal training programmes to assist with your continual technical and professional development along with dedicated career coaches to support your continued progression within the team and the firm. You will also have access to our Professional Qualification pathway with a wide range of recognised certifications.
Where will you be based?
The role will be largely based in Belfast, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to attend client meetings or training in locations within the UK and beyond. Your desire for any other travel or base location can be discussed as part of the recruitment process.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'