Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located across the globe. Dematic has implemented more than 4,500 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Purpose of Role
As Part of a high performing controls team, you will take ownership and responsibility for the complete controls design (electrical and software) and then commissioning on site for the projects we undertake. Managing the delivery to time and budget ensuring that the design conforms with all external and internal standards and best practice.
• Build Controls software from design though to commissioining through to handover to customer
• On occasions lead a team of design engineers to ensure tasks are completed to time and budget and to the required standards. Mentoring and supporting the development of more junior engineers
• Drive the development of best in class processes ensuring a standardised approach across multiple projects, cascading this through to other team members
• Drive and take ownership for design reviews
• Produce all associated documentation and certification using CADS tools
• Liaise with suppliers and procurement to ensure value for money and quality in parts
• Deliver functional design specifications testing and commissioning check-lists
Knowledge and Experience Required
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent qualification.
• Enthusiasm for the ongoing development of controls software ensuring best in class is maintained
• The post holder will be required to work outside the core business hours. Some weekend work may be required.
• To support the geographical spread of our sites travel and stay away from home will be required.
- System Control
- Control Software
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'