Controls and Audit Supervisor
Based in Beckenham
£27,000 to £31,000
Our large financial services client based in Beckenham are looking to recruit a Controls and Audit Supervisor.
- The department offers a range of execution only services primarily for private investors in stocks where the register or employee share plan is administrated by the company.
- The Controls and Audit team are responsible for providing assurance to Senior Management that the department are carrying out the regulatory responsibilities including MAR, Best Execution, CASS and MIFID II.
- As part of this, the team are directly responsible for the surveillance of orders and trades, reviewing them for Market Abuse and where executed, Best Execution. They are also responsible for providing an internal monitoring and audit function to deliver assurance to Senior Management on the Department’s adherence to documented processes, procedures, policies and controls and that these are subject to regular review, remain fit for purpose and mitigate operational risk.
- In addition to this, the team review all operational incidents, particularly regulatory breaches - assisting operational teams to implement changes which will mitigate or remove operational risk.
- The successful candidate will primarily focus on delivering these responsibilities, working alongside the Controls and Audit Manager to manage the members of the Controls and Audit Team - providing leadership and support through regular 121’s and appraisals. Where required developing performance coaching plans.
- They will assist the Controls and Audit Manager in undertaking GAP analysis on papers such as policy statements, thematic reviews, Market Watch updates and other such publications as required, suggesting and implementing appropriate changes.
- Providing assurance to Senior Management that the department is carrying out its regulatory responsibilities including MAR, Best Execution, AML, CASS and MIFID II.
- Oversee and own the Post Trade surveillance process to identify and report on any potential Market Abuse activities and raise awareness amongst department staff through continued coaching and training.
- Monitor and report on the department’s adherence to applicable Best Execution rules promoting awareness of the regulatory requirements to those involved and ensuring that procedures are regularly reviewed to verify that the department operates in line with current rules and relevant guidance from thematic reviews and other reports.
- Assisting the management of the team, through regular 121’s, coaching and development plans and performance management where required.
- Continually review and update management controls and procedures identifying areas of emerging operational risk and taking the relevant steps to mitigate these risks, ensuring that our client remain regulatory complaint at all times.
- Produce insightful and intelligent MI to support the identification of trends and risk, provide synopsis of said MI on a regular basis to senior management.
- Ensure suitable record keeping arrangements are made and complete regular sampling to monitor standards of accuracy.
- Undertake periodic reviews of business processes ensuring these are aligned to current rules and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory requirements within Financial Services
- Demonstrate an understanding of Operational risk
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Work well within a team setting
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Innovative and drives continuous improvement
- Able to break tasks down to ensure that progress can be tracked and measured
- Ability to complete self-evaluation, understanding areas of development and strengths.
- Actively seeks to improve not only knowledge but core skills.
- Create a culture of 2 way engagement, making the interaction productive and easy.
- Encourages a culture within the team to engage with the stakeholders in a way that forges strong working relationships and promotes openness
- Experience of monitoring and audit.
- Experience in monitoring and limiting operational risk
If this is a position that you would like to discuss in more detail please contact Charlene Hills at T4S Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job