Controller / Operator (Water Treatments)
Chelmsford Commutable from Braintree, Romford and Basildon
Salary up to £30,296 and excellent benefits
Our client’s job is to provide clean, clear drinking water that tastes great to the homes and businesses of 1.8 million customers. As a controller at the Water Treatment Works in Hanningfield, you’ll play a key role in maintaining the quality of water across the region.
This is an essential service. With your team, you will be responsible for keeping the water treatment process in Essex operating smoothly and safely in all conditions. So if you’re self motivated, resourceful and pragmatic with a strong service ethic and experience of working in a technical environment, then we want to hear from you.
You’ll work as part of a small team, responsible for operating and controlling the water treatment process at Hanningfield. You’ll conduct tasks in all conditions to ensure assets operate correctly and will undertake fault finding investigations when issues are found. You will undertake process monitoring around the water treatment works and carry out adjustments and calibrations as well as taking and analysing samples of water. Monitoring of plant and equipment performance will be carried out from the control room using a computerised system as well as by undertaking physical checks around the water treatment works site.
To be successful, you'll you’ll need to demonstrate that you have:
- Good people skills; working closely with others to deliver an efficient and safe operation in a fast-moving and often challenging environment.
- A flexible, practical, and pragmatic outlook using your initiative and flexing your approach to find the best solution to a problem.
- Good IT skills; analysing and interpreting information from different sources so you can identify and resolve issues as they arise.
- Emotional intelligence; managing multiple demands and prioritising your workload, time and resources efficiently and effectively in a reactive environment.
- A strong focus on health and safety. The role will involve both lone working and working as part of a team with minimal supervision in a water environment. As such you will be responsible for protecting your safety and that of your colleagues and suppliers at all times.
In addition you will need:
- To be comfortable with data; able to analyse and interpret data to a high standard with a strong focus on quality
- To be an effective team player
A full UK driving licence.
Ideally a degree, or have significant process experience and NVQ level 2 qualifications or equivalent.
Employees have a key role to play in the success of the business and the benefits package reflects that. As well as working for one of the UK’s best employers, you’ll receive coaching, training and one-to-one development to reach your full potential and a great reward package including a competitive salary, up to 28 days holiday, flexible benefits - build your own package and a defined contribution pension scheme.
Closing date: 22nd April 2018
Interviews held: 9th and 10th May 2018
Open to internal and external applicants
Ready to join the team? Apply online with your CV
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job