Control Systems Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £30,000-£39,000 p.a. dependent on experience
Hours: 07:30 to 16:00 Monday to Thursday, 07:30 to 15:00 on Friday
My client currently has an opportunity for a Control Systems Engineer to join their business at their office in Salford.
The client is a well-established packaging solutions provider, with a global presence. They predominantly operate in the manufacturing industry.
Reporting into the Engineering Director, you will be responsible for creating PLC and motion control systems, which will include BASIC programming in real time applications. Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with engineering team members, including mechanical and electrical engineers, project managers, and assemblers to develop a thorough understanding of the companies' equipment and functionality
- Write, modify and create software to perform the machine functionality as detailed in the customers specification or set via the project team.
- Document code
- Partaking in continuous improvement and development of machine control systems
- Assisting in the writing of technical manuals
- Assisting where appropriate in the quotation and proposal stage of specific project requirements.
- Ensuring that all designs are compliant with all relevant legislation and requirements, in particular the CE machinery directive.
- Attend customer premises when required
- Programming servo / motion control systems in a multi-tasking environment. BASIC programming in real time applications. Practical real time application exposure, preferably with high speed machinery. Programming of current PLC platforms from Rockwell and Siemens.
- 2-5 years programming experience within a machine manufacturing/automation environment.
- Rockwell PLC, Micrologix, CompactLogix, ControlLogix inc Servo Motion and all associated HMI's
- Siemens PLC S7-200, S7-300, S7-1200, S7-1500 and associated HMI's
- Motion Control Systems - e.g. Trio, Baldor, ABB, B&R
- PackML or Power Programming an advantage
Nolan Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you on the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.
- Rockwell PLC
- control systems engineer
- BASIC programming
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job