Control Systems Engineer
adi Group is a large, privately owned, Birmingham based multi-disciplined engineering company offering total engineered solutions to food, beverage, aerospace, defence and automotive industries.
We currently employ over 550 people in regional offices and customer sites across the UK.
At adi Group we believe our success as a business is a direct result of our core values and retaining talented individuals with a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence.
Purpose of the Control Systems Engineer:
Responsible for development of front end system architectures, detail engineering, design & test specifications for PLC’s & Computer based SCADA & MES system solutions as well as software applications.
Main responsibilities of the Control Systems Engineer:
- Responsible for liaising with Clients, where necessary, for development & acceptance of requirements.
- Responsible for development of front end system architectures, detail engineering, design & test specifications for PLC’s & Computer based SCADA & MES system solutions as well as software applications.
- Development, programming and testing of Integral software applications.
- Provision of Site Acceptance Testing, Commissioning, Training & Support Services.
- Provision of business development technical support & proposals to agreed target clients.
- Provision of mentoring as required to other adi engineers where requested.
- Responsible for supporting development & maintenance of best practices & technical documentation standards for systems projects.
Requirements of the Control Systems Engineer:
- Flexible and prepared to travel nationally / internationally
- A positive “can do” attitude
- Be reliable and consistent
- Demonstrate a confident and determined approach
- Have a high degree of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Be target driven with the desire to achieve results
- Demonstrate a methodical approach and ability to meet deadlines
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrate a keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a logical, precise and accurate approach to work
- Be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a professional manner and dynamic personality with strong command of the English language
- Be resilient and able to cope under pressure
- Able to work flexibly and prioritise workload
- Have strong customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrate good numeracy and analytical skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships and negotiate with people at all levels
- A proactive approach with the ability to work without supervision take ownership, accountability and make decisions without daily guidance.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Control Systems Engineer role then please apply now!