Control Software Engineer - Eurotherm - Worthing
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We hire individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. With a mission to make the most of our clients' energy, we can help solve the global energy dilemma by helping companies and individuals make more efficient use of the energy they already use. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Eurotherm by Schneider Electric is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company’s 50 year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers’ plant-wide assets.
As Control Software Engineer, you will be a key member of the Control & Applications team within Eurotherm’s R&D department. The team creates novel algorithms and solutions that solve our customers’ process problems and drive demand. We use MATLAB & Simulink as our principal design environment.
You will create and maintain the framework and infrastructure required to deploy our function blocks into products. This will involve close collaboration with the Embedded Software teams and will require creation of tools and components in MATLAB, Simulink, C and C++. You will be required to work intimately with MATLAB & Simulink. You will bethe interface between the Control & Applications and project software teams.
- Integrate Control and Application function blocks into products.
- Create and maintain the tools, frameworks and infrastructure required to do this easily and efficiently.
- Work with project teams to document, test and validate our function blocks.
- Tailor and/or design function blocks to fulfil the special Customer requirements for OEMs or Tactical opportunities.
- Demonstrate a competence in software design. This could be via commercial experience or a portfolio of work.
- Experience with several programming languages, to include C and C++.
- Knowledge of source control systems, e.g. SVN and Git.
- Knowledge of software testing.
- Experience with embedded systems.
- Good communication skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams.
- Time management and planning.
- Self Motivation
Desirable but not essential.
· Degree in engineering, computer science or similar.
· Experience with MATLAB & Simulink.
· Knowledge of continuous integration systems such as Jenkins.
· Knowledge of control engineering.
Schneider Electric offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please apply on line.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"