CONTROL AND AUTOMATION SYSTEMS ENGINEER
"Real time, Safety Critical Equipment and Process Control Management Solutions/Applications"
C£30-45000 + Excellent Benefits
Commutable from Worcester, Cheltenham, Bredon, Tewkesbury, Ashchurch, Gloucester, Malvern, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Pershore, Stratford on Avon, Evesham, Ledbury, Bromyard, Martley, Leigh Sinton, Powick, Stourport on Severn, Hereford, Warwick, Shirley, Stourbridge, Hagley, Hartlebury, Kidderminster
Our client is a specialist division of a global market leader. It designs, manufactures and supports equipment supplied to customers around the world within the mining, metals and extractive industries. In addition, our client is a supplier of data-driven process management solutions which provide real-time operational control.
This is an ideal opportunity for a talented Systems Engineer to take on a global position who will be responsible for all systems and subsystems (including design and functional specifications) within their respective discipline.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating major new projects and machine designs to meet customer specifications and requirements.
- Coordination of team activities, including engineers and representatives from other geographical regions and areas of responsibility such as Sales and Manufacturing.
- Ensuring standardisation in system and subsystem designs using common hardware and software platforms.
- Working across all team boundaries (Control Systems, Hardware & Software, Electrical/PLCM, Power Systems, etc.) transparently to ensure schedules are met.
- Some UK and overseas travel will be required. This will also involve working underground on occasion.
- Professional interaction with other customers and domestic/overseas employees.
- The ability to resolve conflict and recognise or suggest innovative and original solutions.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to HNC/HND or Degree level in within a science, technology, robotics or manufacturing related subject. Our client also offers the opportunity for further professional study and development.
- 3-5 years of control and automation engineering experience with exposure to the control of electro hydraulic circuits, industrial machinery or computer systems.
- Customer-focused, with ability to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and good time management skills are essential.
- A solid communicator with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-focused work environment.
- The ability to appreciate and comprehend the overall system perspective and the impact of change.
- The ability to recognise and create automated solutions for physical problems.
- The ability to work and handle several tasks concurrently.
- Fluency in Business English both written and verbal a prerequisite.
- Computer Hardware
- Functional Specifications
- Power Systems
- Systems Engineering
- computer software