Automation Experts Ltd – www.automationexperts.co.uk
Immediate Job Opportunity
Control And Automation Engineer – PLC & SCADA
Ref SC 19596
Dynamic business who are known for creation of innovative automation products have an excellent roles available for a skilled Control & Automation Engineer
The Controls Applications Engineers will be joining one of the largest manufacturers of drives, motion and mechatronic solutions to the machine building and factory automation markets.
As a Control and Automation Engineer, you will be working as a member of the Product Innovation and Integration Team, becoming part of a multi-skilled team of engineers that work to provide solutions that allow customers to adopt company products into their applications, or to continue to use products within their new systems by improving functionality, performance and ease of use.
You will use your experience of industrial control and automation systems to develop custom and generalised solutions packages that can be executed on one or more of the available programmable platforms from major automation solution providers (e.g. Siemens, Rockwell, Schneider, Beckhoff)
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing new control systems
- Maintaining, modifying and supporting existing systems
- Working collaboratively with design engineers and other internal staff
- Providing advice and consultancy support on control matters to the team and customers
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Solid experience of the design & implementation of PLC & SCADA software
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline ideal
- Prior experience of systems incorporating variable speed drives
Desirable Skills and Qualities
- Ability to analyse applications and design and document detailed specifications to meet the needs of the application.
- Prior experience of motion control applications on any platform
- Experience of real-time automation networks in the use of centralised and distributed control systems
- Experience of developing software in IEC 61131-3 languages
- Experience in the design and implementation of HMI based interfaces
- Experience of using the CODESYS automation platform or other platforms based upon the CODESYS environment e.g. Beckhoff TwinCAT.
- Advanced software programming using structured languages such as C++
This is a unique and interesting opportunity to be involved with the development of new technology working directly alongside a product development team, giving the chance to have a direct influence over how automation technology is utilised.
For more information please call Sarah Clarke on or . Alternatively, email a copy of your current CV to quoting the above reference number.
Located in Wales, this role is commutable from within and around the following areas: Shrewsbury, Welshpool & Newtown.
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving £500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis; We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK.
Thank you for your interest, if your experience is suitable for this position, please call the advising Consultant ASAP. NB. We cannot guarantee a response to every application.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'