We are currently recruiting for Contract Officers to join a leading Defence and Engineering business based in Telford.
This organisation delivers on huge contracts on behalf of Defence Sector clients, to manage, maintain and upgrade military vehicles and equipment. You will be responsible for awarding, managing and administering these complex contracts.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to build on existing administration, procurement or contracts experience and would be highly suited to those with a public sector background (i.e. NHS, Council, MoD or similar)
Training will be provided for the right candidates
What’s on offer?
- Salary up to circa. £26,000
- Flexible benefits including pension scheme, cycle to work and 25 days holiday
- Permanent position with a true industry leader
- Genuine career progression opportunities available
About your new role:
- Awarding and overall management of contracts for goods and services provided
- Provide all administration duties to ensure contracts are awarded and managed effectively
- Preparation and presentation of agreed procurement strategies
- Participate in business case meetings with management
- Ensure contract plans and regulations are adhered to
- Keep Contracts Managers informed of any issues or delays in relation to contracts
- Identify risks during the process and escalate appropriately to ensure risk is managed and mitigated
- 1-2 years’ minimum experience, in a commercially-focused similar role
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good level of MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- Public Sector experience - highly desirable
- Hold a CIPS qualification or be prepared to work towards - highly desirable
If you would like to be considered for the position please submit your CV using the Apply button on this page.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'