Umbrella rate: £20.00 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Contracts Officer on a 3 month contract with a possibility of an extension. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
- An experienced commercial contracts solicitor is required to deal with varied complex contracts work for the Council.
- To contribute to development and monitoring of contractual arrangements with providers of services for children and families in Dudley.
- To develop and implement contracts of all types, e.g. spot purchase, block, or service level or framework agreements, for procured services to children, in line with national and local guidance and also with relevant legal & financial regulations.
- To actively work with operational staff seeking provision for children and young people and to ensure that appropriate contracts are in place and monitored.
- To contribute to the delivery of good quality Council Services
- Development, monitoring & review of contracts.
- Supporting commissioning, contracting, procurement and placement activity.
- To develop and maintain appropriate contracting & procurement systems and procedures for the service.
- To establish & maintain a contract monitoring system that ensures that purchased services deliver the volume and quality of care required and offer value for money.
- To establish and maintain effective contact with all existing and potential providers of services to Dudley children.
- To negotiate, implement monitor and review contractual arrangements and performance with independent, voluntary and private sector providers, in consultation with lead commissioners/purchasers.
- To ensure that the contracting process is efficient and focuses on service user quality of experience, service and outcomes and is underpinned by the principles of best value.
- To regularly review contract compliance through liaison, support and performance monitoring as a means of assisting providers maintain agreed standards.
- To liaise and collaborate with other Directorates and agencies in connection with the duties of the post.
- To liaise and collaborate with other contracts and commissioning staff from other local authorities to ensure the contracting function is consistent with agreed regional/national contracting procedures.
- To comply with the Authority's Financial Regulations, Standing Orders and Information Governance and Security requirements.
- Experience of report writing
- Experience in social care, health care or residential education in either the statutory, voluntary or independent sector, which has provided an understanding of the needs of children and young people living in residential homes, foster placements or schools and also of working on a collaborative basis with the independent, voluntary and statutory sector.
- Experience of inter-agency working
- Experience of effectively working within a contracts management or procurement function.
- Experience of effective production and monitoring of a range of contracts
- A good educational background including either a higher or further education qualification, or a relevant qualification in social care or a related field.
- An understanding of legislation and good practice relating to work with children and families.
- Knowledge of the needs of vulnerable families living in an economically mixed and diverse urban environment, such as exists in the West Midlands.
- Knowledge of equal opportunity issues and ability to practically integrate anti-discriminatory perspectives and practices within policies and practice standards.
- An understanding of the direction of relevant social policy and current government initiatives and the implications for services.
- An understanding of the issues relating to confidentiality, human rights and data protection requirements.
- An understanding of current commissioning, contracting and quality assurance issues.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles and objectives of the Dudley children and young people's strategic plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Care Standards for residential and foster care.
- Professional qualification relating to procurement or contract management is desirable.
- Legal Executive
- Social care
- National Care Standards
- Commercial Contracts Solicitor
- Framework agreement
- Spot purchase
- Residential education
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job