As part of the Commercial division, we have a 6 month interim assignment for a Commercial Contracts Officer to join the team. The role's responsibility is to safeguard the company's interests in all aspects of commercial/contracts management lifecycle. Negotiate contracts/agreements and provide commercial knowledge and guidance to staff. You will also support the Export and Commercial Services members of the Commercial department as required.
The main duties are:
- Within delegated authority limits, develop and negotiate contracts (working with Sales and Marketing, Project Management and Procurement) to obtain the best possible commercial arrangement without compromising business objectives.
- Conduct and support negotiations with customers to achieve the best position for the client which reflects the agreed "sign-off" position.
- Support the drafting of teaming agreements, non disclosure agreements and other related agreements
- Liaise with projects and technical staff to ensure contracts accurately reflect the programme of work
- Work with finance colleagues to ensure acceptable cash flows and payment profiles are contractually agreed
- Where required, work with Procurement to ensure subcontractors/suppliers meet their commercial/contractual obligations and provide contract management guidance / advice / support to the business as required
- Present commercial aspects of proposals at internal bid reviews, to all levels of seniority throughout the organisation.
- Work within corporate guidelines for contracts and ethics
- Conduct pre and post contract award reviews with internal stakeholders to ensure the contractual obligations are known, understood and being properly addressed
- Input to and deliver Business Unit commercial strategy
The successful candidate will have the following experience/skills:
- Demonstrable negotiation skills with successful experience of operating in UK and international markets
- Experience of bidding to and managing contracts in the UK and international defence and security markets
- Excellent MS Office and general IT skills
- Confident presentation of commercial advice and opinion, able to engender trust and display professional credibility
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills; presents a calm and professional demeanour
- Conscientious attitude to contract (attention to detail) and proposal reviews
- Robust stance with external parties where required to promote and defend the clients commercial position
- Ability to constructively challenge others to influence the commercial position
- Strong relationship team building skills
- Ability to explain complex terms and conditions in such a way that internal stakeholders understand the company's obligations
- Calm and professional attitude, especially under pressure
- Ability to work under own steam and in a team environment, as required, with all levels from junior to Senior Exec
- Ability to work effectively and proactively. A self starter with the tenacity and resilience to manage obstacles and delays without losing focus
The following experience would be desirable:
- Experience of negotiating with customers throughout EMEA.
- Thorough knowledge of DEFCONS, DEFFORMS & EU public tender requirements is preferred
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- stakeholder engagement
- bid review
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job