Our client, a medical device design and development consultancy based near Saffron Walden, is looking for a Contracts Officer to join their expanding commercial team. Working closely with both clients and suppliers, this is a stimulating and challenging role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and leading new contract negotiations. Aided by the Contracts Manager, you will interact with external legal counsel and colleagues, escalating to the Commercial Director as appropriate
- Overseeing and administering the contracts pipeline, including:
o framework agreements
o sales contracts for the supply of services to our clients
o non-disclosure agreements
o IP agreements
o Supplier Agreements
- Advising and supporting colleagues on the contractual aspects of new proposals and projects
- Advising management and colleagues on commercial and legal risk
- Ensuring that colleagues understand and follow procedures set out in (for example) consulting framework agreements.
Previous experience of the pharmaceutical or medical device industry is desirable but is not essential. It is essential that candidates are qualified to degree level and have previous experience of drafting and negotiating contracts in a service organisation; experience of drafting and negotiating contracts in a technology consulting organisation would be advantageous. Candidates must have a robust and thorough understanding of contract law and must possess excellent literacy and numeracy skills. It is essential that candidates have a good understanding of commercial risk; a legal qualification and previous in-house experience are desirable but not essential. Candidates must demonstrate excellent organisational skills to manage and maintain documentation; and to co-ordinate efforts both inside and outside the company. Candidates will be proficient users of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Due to the location you will need your own transport.
- Contract Law
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job