Contracts Manager £45000 - £55000 Telford or Welshpool
Your new company
Hays are working on behalf of a large manufacturing company based in Telford and Welshpool who are looking to recruit a new Contracts Manager on a permanent basis. This role of Contract Manager is a legal support role, reporting directly to one of the Directors. The position is based in Newtown, Powys, and will initially cover all world areas except China and India
Your new role
As contracts Manager your duties will include;
- Draft, review and evaluate various contracts in compliance with company policy (including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Supply Agreements, Service Agreements, Procurement Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Representative Agreements and review of customer proposed terms and conditions).
- Serve as a primary point of contact for internal 'clients' on contractual matters; ensure timely review, approval, variations, extensions and renewals of contracts.
- Negotiate contracts with third parties.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation, prepare status reports.
- Provide guidance on contract matters to sales and procurement personnel or other operational staff, including training to employees in contract practices and procedures and other legal compliance training.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by employees with established legal compliance procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Work with Finance Department to coordinate contractual insurance requirements and to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies; may include 'financial engineering' and understanding/evaluating economic impact of contract terms.
- Work with the Trade Compliance Department to ensure compliance with export control laws and regulations and company policies.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation and to support implementation.
- Assist in drafting and/or revision of and implementation of standard terms and conditions of sale, service and purchase throughout the organisation.
- Support Marketing, Sales and Services Departments to ensure products and services are offered with appropriate, competitive terms and conditions; give guidance and support on issues relating to competition, protection of intellectual property, etc.
What you'll need to succeed
Qualifications, Experience and Profile:
- Bachelor's degree in law (preferably), business administration or similar
- 5 years minimum in a similar role
- Technical/functional legal skills and negotiation skills
- Business acumen, perspective
- Attention to detail, good time management and organisation skills
- Listening, written communication skills, including drafting skills
- Influencing and managerial courage.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Contracts Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"