Steel Fabrication and Erection
£30,000 - £40,000 Basic + Bonus + Benefits
Location: North Wales
Based in North Wales this privately-owned steel fabrication and installation business has a solid reputation that has been built up over the past 35 years and is looking for an experienced Manager due to continual growth. The business has grown organically since its inception and now has a turnover circa £5m and over 35 members of staff across 2 sites. They are on track to have their best year to date.
The Company manages a number of large projects and work alongside some of the best-known contractors in the region. This would be a great position for someone who is experienced in the industry and would like to take on a new challenge and apply their skills, knowledge and experience on well-known, large scale projects.
My client is looking to employ a Contracts Manager with a background firmly within Structural Steel fabrication and installation. This cross-functional operational role would suit someone that has gained considerable experience in the structural steel industry that is looking for a new 'hands on’ challenge.
You will have experience of project managing all aspects of construction projects. The ideal candidate will be highly commercially aware, have the authority and confidence to run a number of simultaneous projects, working alongside the Workshop Foreman and Site Managers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest quality.
You will have a keen understanding of the tendering process and steel procurement and you will understand the day to day running of a busy fabrication shop. You will be a major point of contact for both existing and new customers requiring the company’s services and you will be able to understand their needs in order to provide a technical solution. Your excellent and precise communication skills will be required at every stage - ensuring that projects you manage meet plan, deadlines and budget, whilst being responsible for the Quality aspects of the workshop and fabrication process.
What we are looking for:
A senior level candidate who enjoys a "hands on" role. This is a customer facing role predominantly based in the office, you will receive client enquiries, provide quotations, negotiate contracts, order materials and then project manage the work through the workshop. You will be a team player with the ability to bring people together to get the job done well. You will have sound construction specific project management experience ideally having worked with a workshop, detailers and site managers to programme works and deliver on time and in full.
You will be required to:
- Have proven experience estimating for steel fabrication and installation
- Have considerable experience in running a production/manufacturing workshop and working with site managers.
- Estimate from site surveys/drawings and tender documents
- Specify materials, components and services based on client requirements
- Work with detailers to issue fabrication packages to workshop staff
- Have a sound understanding of steel procurement and managing suppliers and supplier databases
- Read engineers drawings, connection details and specifications
- Ideally have a Knowledge of AutoCAD/Tekla
- Ensure that quotes offered are competitive and convert into profitable orders
- Maximise the additional business opportunities with our existing customer base and maintain existing customer levels.
- Contract Management
- Steel Structures
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"