South Somerset based manufacturer seeks experienced Contracts Manager for new role.
Your new company
South Somerset based manufacturer seeks an experienced contracts manufacturer for new role.
Your new role
Your role as Contracts Manager will see you take on a key position in the Procurement team by managing the businesses contracts and suppliers, to ensure best possible outcomes in terms of performance and cost for the company. Your duties include (but are not limited to):
- Undertake the management and administration of contracts and agreements.
- Lead and/or support new bids and proposals.
- Negotiate new contracts and agreements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external Customers that facilitate the achievement of the Company's objectives
- Management of customer's contractual requirements.
- Contribute to the development and management of a team of commercial specialists and cross functional teams.
What you'll need to succeed
To be chosen for the role you must have experience as a Contract Manager responsible for the managing of MOD contracts. You must also possess the following skills/experience:
- Have a good working knowledge of key commercial contract terms, ideally having relevant experience working with the UK MoD.
- Have working knowledge of relevant costing and pricing mechanisms associated with FOREX, Firm/Fixed pricing, the effects of escalation and the application of cost to price uplifts.
- Have experience of the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Have excellent ability to form relationships
- Have demonstrable interpersonal skills which foster the establishment and sustainment of effective customer relationships.
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Office and relevant MRP systems (ideally SAP).
What you'll get in return
Salary £42,000 - £45,000 + Benefits. Full time
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Purchasing OR Procurement OR Buyer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job