Defence / Aerospace
A superb opportunity has arisen for a Contracts Manager to join a world class manufacturing Business
Based within the commercial department, the role holder will be responsible for the effective commercial account management of allocated customer accounts and those of direct reports; and will have a particular focus on export control and legislative compliance.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Build and maintain professional and mutually beneficial customer relationships, the focal point for customer queries.
- Possess a detailed understanding of regulation requirements and potential licencing approaches to support the business needs.
- Apply for export licences as required and manage compliance with such export licences.
- Possess a detailed understanding of customer needs in order to support the identification of business opportunities.
- Monitor debt status and follow through as appropriate.
- Preparation of routine bids including spares and support equipment using SAP data, proposals and / or quotations; preparation of complex and major bids; proposals or quotations. Form part of cross functional project team in proposal / tender situation.
- Efficient management of contract administration including invoice management, customer reports etc.
- Negotiation of contract, changes and associated terms with allocated customer accounts up to specified authority levels and in accordance with the approved bid terms.
- Preparation of accurate SAP data entry instructions.
- Represent the Department / Company internally / externally as required in UK & elsewhere.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Qualified to degree level in a Business, Law or Engineering Discipline
- Strong financial acumen capable of developing complex business models to support bids and proposals.
- Understanding of Defence Contracting Regulations (e.g. US & UK Export Controls, ITAR, DEFCON, FAR & DFARs)
- Experience in customer relationship management at multiple levels with confidence to engage face-to-face.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to professionally represent the department and company both in the UK and elsewhere.
- Proven negotiation skills with high-value contracts
- Highly literate with strong numerical manipulation and IT skills.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and organizational risk management awareness.
- Sound customer liaison / relationship expertise.
- Presentation and communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in the aerospace / defence industry with knowledge/experience of
o Bid Management
o Defence Contracting Regulations
o Principles of Contract Structures
o Contract T&C’s
o Contract Law
o Contractual Agreements
o Export Controls
Security Clearance (to MoD Secret Level) is a critical requirement of this role therefore applicants will need to have a British Passport or residency (5+ years) to be considered for this role. Current or previous Security Clearance (to MoD Secret Level) will be an advantage.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but if you do not receive a response within 5 working days, please consider yourself unsuccessful on this application.
Syntech Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position.
- Export Controls