Contracts Manager - Construction
£40,000 - £55,000 + Car Allowance + Laptop + Mobile
An award winning Manchester based construction firm are looking to hire a Contracts Manager to join their rapidly expanding business.
The main purpose of the role of Contracts Manager is to assist with winning new contracts & successfully manage projects through to completion by keeping them on schedule, to a high quality and within budget.
As Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for multi single large or smaller contracts. You will also be the main point of contact for clients, site managers and subcontractors throughout the project.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Meeting with clients to ascertain their needs
- Putting together estimates, including budgets and timescales
- Preparing and presenting documents for tenders
- Contributing to work planning and briefing project teams, contractors and suppliers
- Agreeing any additional work to be done within set timescales
- Gathering all information together for invoicing at the end of the project
- Putting together health and safety paperwork & information
- Monitoring health and safety on site under your control
- Monitoring quality on-site on all sites
- Managing and developing site managers and supervisors under your control
- Supplying information to resolve disputes if they arise
- Identifying areas for improvement in existing contracting processes
- Overseeing the ordering of materials of job under your control
- Monitoring construction programmes against actual completed to site activities
- Writing a weekly report to the Directors about sites under your control
Successful candidates must:
- Have a strong background & proven track recording overseeing a range of construction projects from inception to completion
- Be proficient at delegation as the management of multiple projects is very demanding so it is essential to delegate to staff under your control
- Possess good IT skills - Excel, Word
- Have a thorough understanding of industry guidelines
- Be a Possess a practical approach to problem solving
In return you will work for a rapidly expanding firm who can offer you a long term career path and the opportunity to work a range of exciting projects.
If you would like to apply for the role or find out more, please apply directly or contact Simon Cannon at Nobul Resourcing for confidential chat.
- Building Services
- Construction Industry
- Site Management
- Construction Site Management