Contracts Manager / Surveyor
Salary dependent upon experience and industry knowledge.
The candidate can have a few years within the industry or many years, the most important skills and values the client are looking for are:
- Feasibility Studies
- Dealing with the preparation of "builders" Bills Of Quantities
Based in Essex my client are a niche, well established (1959) family business with several ongoing projects in and around East Anglia, both residential and commercial (healthcare). The work is varied and the successful applicant will be involved in all aspects of the development process from design to completion and ongoing warranty/maintenance.
Although the company are of a smaller scale, they do undertake a vast majority of the design work in house on their BIM system.
The successful candidate will be based at Head Office in Essex where a majority of their time will be spent, the client are seeking a dedicated person looking to take owner ship of each project and be the go to person for any queries about the project.
Ideally the candidate will also have the following qualities /experience:
- Confidence making decisions alone
- Tender analysis along with the order placement for materials for the project and sub-contractors
- Strong negation and sales skills
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Relevant site experience is beneficial
- An proactive can do approach to the working day and happy to "muck in" with what needs doing
- Organised and tidy approach to work
- Preparation and implementation of Health and Safety polices
- Negotiations with statutory authorities
- Competent IT skills with a confidence using both Word and Excel
- Health & Safety knowledge
We`re always on the hunt for outstanding Construction candidates and we love meeting new people! So if this role doesn`t sound like a great fit for you but you like the sound of us, please do get in touch and find out how we can help you find your next role!
PB Recruitment Consultants endeavour to respond to each candidate, we do receive a large volume of applications, so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful with your application. We will however add your details to our database and be sure to contact you should a suitable vacancy arise.Ltd management team have over 35 years` experience of management within our specialist sectors, understanding the importance of reliability and commitment in service provision to ensure targets are met and ultimately customer satisfaction is provided. Through our experience, we have heightened awareness as to specific requirements to facilitate job momentum and enhance productivity. Together we have a wealth of knowledge which allows us to have insight when allocating candidates to each specific job and believe that through an initial meeting with clients are able to select those who would ensure higher productivity meeting and exceeding your standards in practice.
We understand that many industries do not work the average 9:00am - 5:00pm day, which is why our office phones divert every evening and at weekends, allowing us to provide a 24 hour service, seven days per week.
- Contracts Manager
- Tender analysis