McArdle Sport-Tec Ltd is a leading specialist sports construction company in the UK. We provide turn key civil engineering and synthetic surface installations for many high profile clients including Premier League football clubs, National League hockey clubs and Schools of Sporting Excellence and are on the AGP and RFU Frameworks.
As a result of our continued success in this rapidly growing and exciting market we have an immediate need for a Contracts Manager.
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to project manage and oversee projects primarily in the Southern areas of England.
Our projects are typically between £200K and £2M and include groundworks, macadam, fencing, floodlighting, installation of artificial pitches and athletics track construction.
Successful candidates will be committed, professional, able to work under own initiative and willing to cover other areas of the UK.
- To ensure the effective contracts management and delivery of multiple contracts
- To ensure Health and Safety and Quality standards are met throughout the contracts
- Carry out site visits to support site managers and ensure contracts are progressing on time and to budget
- Liaising with clients, consultants, contractors and subcontractors to manage expectations
- Ensuring that all contract administration/procedures are undertaken
- Working closely with the Quantity Surveyor and Accounts Department to agree material, plant and subcontract costs, to ensure finance control and maximise margins
- Prepare and deliver progress reports for external client meetings
Although the majority of the projects should be located in the southern to midlands region, you need to be prepared to manage projects anywhere in the UK.
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
- Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Proficient using Microsoft Office programmes; incl. Excel, Word, Outlook, Project.
- Previous experience in a Contracts Management role
- Previous Industry experience would be highly advantageous but not essential
Working Hours - Generally 0730 to 1730. Mon to Fri, although we require dedication to time management to complete the role so additional hours will be expected as and when required.
Good knowledge of civil engineering, key items earthworks, drainage, kerbing, tarmac, etc.
Prepared to 'muck in’ with a variety of activities to achieve successful project completion.
- £50K to £60K per annum, depending upon experience.
- Company car or commercial vehicle
- Private Healthcare and Life Cover (subject to scheme requirements and eligibility)
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus
Accommodation and expenses paid as and when needed.
Work from head office at Wallingford or from home.
McArdle Sport Tec Limited is an equal opportunity employer
- Project Management
- Setting out
- Computer literate
- Time management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job