Macildowie are recruiting for a Contract Manager on behalf of a market leading construction company. The main purpose of this role is to manage the project teams, including clients, designers, consultants, employees and sub-contractors.
To ensure projects are run to programme with effective commercial delivery of the construction projects ensuring that projects are technically compliant.
To ensure safe delivery of construction projects and ensuring that the projects are handed to a high quality standard, defect free.
This role does include nationwide wide travel to multiple sites.
THE ROLE & YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure full understanding of the project design, tender and contract
- Arrange regular meetings with stakeholders to ensure co-ordination, understanding and responsibilities
- Work closely with the Commercial Department on all aspects of delivery.
- Have regular dialogue with the project team to ensure our commercial and construction position is not compromised
- Work with the Planner to ensure we have an effective deliverable programme
- In conjunction with the Planner produce a "target" programme
- To monitor progress on a weekly basis and where necessary take action to prevent slippage / recover lost time.
- Identify required levels of resourcing for successful enactment of projects and support for future business
- Give clear direction as required within the Team, as regards day to day business activity
- Take the lead in the resolution of any cost, design or methodology issues to ensure smooth manufacture and construction
- Liaise with and support all suppliers and sub-contractors as necessary
- Disseminate safe working practices to the construction team and ensure the high standard of Health & Safety ethos is maintained at all times
- Ensure the Site Managers and Project Managers are conducting regular tool boxes talks, are undertaking correct inductions and are fully compliant with the Main Contractors requirements
- Arrange with the Health & Safety Department regular site visits and to ensure any observations / actions are closed out in a timely manner
- Build and maintain good communications within all relevant areas of client, consultant and suppliers. Gain full understanding of the mechanics of the client and team process and dynamics
- Ensure full evaluation of the client requirement. Ensure risks are identified and eliminated.
- Ensure close liaison with our Design Department and consultants to ensure any queries are properly recorded and closed out.
EXPERIENCE SOUGHT IN THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Proven track record in delivering large projects.
- Relevant experience across business sectors
- Effective team leader
- Possess good knowledge and experience with MS Project / Asta
- Strong IT skills - must have experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Strong communication skills, capable of working as part of a multifunctional team.
- A proactive team player who is assertive and who possesses strong negotiation and skills.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.