The Contracts Manager is responsible for all the organization’s contracts used to obtain goods and services required in accordance with existing directives and established procedures. The role is responsible for identifying and developing new contractors and for preparing, competing, awarding and monitoring the performance of all contract services.
The Contracts Manager is also the contracting officer for the labour supply contract with specific responsibilities listed in the contract
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining all documentation for each contract. Usually, the process includes a request for proposal, bid team assessment, award notification, contract itself, nomination of a contracting officer’s technical representative, notice to proceed and contract performance certification prior to payment approval.
- Authority to award contracts up to $100,000 in value. For contracts in excess of that value further authority is necessary.
- Responsible for supervising the Contracts Analyst who supports the Contracts Manager with contract performance monitoring and reporting, service delivery assessments and cost analysis.
- Ensure that only responsible suppliers are used and obtain supporting documentation in accordance with policy for each new contractor prior to solicitation.
- Liaise with the appropriate office as required to increase the pool of contractors available for contracts and also work with the appropriate staff to assess the suitability of any contractors.
- Introduce and develop bid analysis and scoring systems that are both fair to the contractors and will withstand external scrutiny. The Contracts Manager will chair all contract bid committees and always seek the ‘most advantageous’ bid, making use of best and final offer procedures where beneficial.
- The Contracts Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of all contracts and, with regard to the contract with the labour supply contractor, the specific responsibilities published in policy and contract.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- College degree in business administration or related fields, or engineering, with formal training in contracting and contracts administration. An MBA would be desirable.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in contracts management. Prior experience with multi-activity or operations and maintenance contracts necessary. Previous Middle East experience would be desirable.
- Fluent English language both verbal and written, excellent communicator at all levels.
- Strong MS Office and able to manipulate excel spreadsheets. SAP skills in the CO, PM and MM Modules also highly desirable.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job