Housing Contracts Manager
Hays are pleased to have been engaged by one of the UK's leading housebuilding and construction companies who are seeking to engage experienced Contracts Manager for their first class team across Devon & Cornwall. Our client is renowned for building award-winning homes across the country in prime locations, and they strive to create sustainable new developments. As a Contracts Manager you will be organising and Assisting the site teams in resources for the Site and directing the management of designated development projects to achieve progressive project completion to quality and specification and on budget. Key responsibilities will include:
- Directing the necessary Site Management teams achieve both plot and project completion on time, to specification and within budget
- Monitoring the Buying team and Surveying department to ensure that the correct materials and sub-contract services are organised in good time meet contract objectives.
- Managing site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensuring compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensuring that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
- Training and development of subordinates to meet current and assessed future requirements.
- 100% compliance with current NHBC standards.
- Achieving high levels of overall satisfaction on the completed Customer satisfaction surveys
- Establish that staff training and development has occurred as plan at annual appraisal and appraisal
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the volume house building industry. Minimum qualifications will include CSCS, First Aid 3 day, SMSTS, a recognised industry qualification, ONC, HNC or proof that courses are planned. You will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of H&S, short and long term programming, and quality processes. You will also possess first class people skills and be able to provide evidence where you have put the customer first. Any previous experience working in a NHBC recognised environment would be a distant advantage. In return you will receive a competitive basic salary, car allowance, pension, very competitive annual bonuses, and a supportive environment where your continued professional development will be actively encouraged. If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job