EB4778: Contracts Manager
Location: Rugeley, Staffordshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Contracts Manager who must be educated to a degree level or equivalent. This Contracts Manager must have a proven track record of relevant experience at the same or a similar level within a Commercial / Contracts Department.
The Contracts Manager will report to the Commercial Manager and be responsible for taking a lead on all commercial aspects of major tenders, preparing quotations, preparation and negotiation of contracts and contractual agreements across all the Business Units, Commercial management of contracts from receipt of enquiry until receipt of payment from the customer. This Contracts Manager will be required to work closely with the Commercial Manager on a day to day basis and deputising for the Commercial Manager as required.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating and preparing responses to customer’s enquiries and Invitations to Tender
- Negotiating prime contracts with UK/overseas commercial customers and with UK Ministry of
- Defence (MoD)
- Advising and assisting Purchasing Department on the flow-down of contract conditions to sub-contractors
- Advising Programme Managers on all contractual aspects and assisting to deliver programmes in a cost effective manner
- Drafting contract documentation and agreements of a contractual nature (joint venture, partnership, confidentiality, consultancy, software licenses, etc.)
- Liaison with customers at all levels
- Representing the Commercial Department across the business and to the Senior Management
- Mentoring and developing other members of the department
- Assisting the Commercial Manager with high level duties and representing the department
Key Skills and Candidate Requirements:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Proven track record of relevant experience at the same or a similar level within a Commercial / Contracts Department.
- Significant experience in terms and conditions negotiation and the commercial management of supply contracts for both UK and overseas customers.
- Familiar with industrial / commercial conditions of contract and procedures
- Recent experience of working with MoD contract conditions and MoD procedures including ITAR
- Knowledge of import and export controls and procedures
- Experience in Export Licensing procedures
- Familiar with documentary credits and bank guarantees
- Experience of mentoring, development, leading other team members
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Customer relationship, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player, flexible, pro-active, highly motivated and capable of working on own initiative
- Some UK and Overseas travel will be required
- Relationship management, written and verbal presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate working to, and achieving tight deadlines and managing under pressure
- Drive, self-motivation and a proactive approach
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return via email a simple application form to which an up to date CV should be pasted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job