Contracts Manager - Traffic Management
Exciting Career Opportunity at our East London Office - Contracts Manager (Traffic Management)
As a result of our continued growth, we now have a superb new role to join us as Contracts Manager based in East London.
· Do you have extensive knowledge of the Traffic Management industry, being involved and possessing qualifications in both 12d and 12ab works?
· Are you a natural business-developer, able to find and create new opportunities for our business?
· Are you competitor-aware and able to lead, set an example and motivate your team?
· Are you highly motivated and able to adapt quickly and efficiently to ever-changing situations, remaining Safety-critical focused at all times?
This truly is a great time to join us. In return we will offer you a highly competitive salary package, plus pension, 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata equivalent) and additional incentives.
About the role:
The Contracts Manager role is a key role within our business, reporting to the Managing Director.
As Contracts Manager, you will oversee all regional activities for the business in London and surrounding counties.
You will assume responsibility for the health and safety of all operations delivered and will be the champion of developing new business streams and key relationships.
We require somebody who has a passion for success, taking responsibility for growing our business and maintaining great relationships - which in turn will contribute to ensuring repeat business from existing customers.
You will be responsible for engaging directly and creating solid relationships with potential new customers, ensuring the timely, safe and quality-led delivery of schemes of work through your local team.
Accountable for driving productivity, you will have profit and loss responsibility.
This will include reviewing and managing plant and vehicle expenditure, managing programmes of schemes and ensuring your TM crews are planned and allocated efficiently. An ongoing understanding of the commercial position of each contract is essential. You will ensure excellent delivery and customer service on all works to maximise the opportunity for repeat business.
A great people-manager, you will actively engage with and develop your workforce, ensuring operatives dispatched to undertake work are suitably trained, competent and both physically and mentally capable of delivering the works correctly and safely to our high standards.
Ensuring all staff are briefed and up-to-date on current safety alerts, campaigns, toolbox talks and contract methodology, will be second-nature to you, ensuring correct delivery and understanding for all your team. You will also conduct site visits to ensure all practices are safe and in accordance with Chevrons safe working procedures.
The Contracts Manager will ensure that H&S and HR company procedures are adhered to at all times and will be the standard-setter for our operations.
They will also be expected to periodically travel to meetings held at other company operating sites and offices which are located at strategic locations nationwide.
A highly motivated individual with personality and tenacity, you will have extensive knowledge of the Traffic Management industry. You will possess knowledge of the regional construction and maintenance market, particularly local authority maintenance and utilities highways works.
Able to quickly establish dynamic working relationships with both customers and colleagues, you will forge deep relationships built on trust and delivery. Being a pro-active individual, you will seek out new opportunities within the region and secure new business. You will enjoy networking and creating new business relationships. The successful candidate will be a true leader and will promote and grow our business.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Previous demonstrable experience of the traffic management industry either practical TM experience or experience of working in the highway maintenance sector.
• Local knowledge of the construction and maintenance market, particularly local authority highway maintenance and utilities highways works.
• Basic commercial understanding.
• Proficient in the use of a PC, the Microsoft Office suite of software and ability to work with other business management systems.
• An open mind to new innovations and their application within the digital world.
• An ability to network and create new business relationships.
• Excellent communicator and confident in presenting to groups of people.
• An ability to work within a high performing, fasting moving team.
• Highly motivated and able to identify and follow your own potential business leads.
• Attended and passed IOSH Managing Safely/SSSTS/SMSTS or equivalent.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Lantra Sector Scheme Qualifications. 12a/b, d, TSCO, Streetworks
• Competent in the use of TM design CAD Software.
• TTMB Course.
• Other formal commercial or business management qualifications.
Contracts Manager? Please apply online with CV
- Business Development
- Site Visits
- Traffic Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'