Contracts Manager / Project Manager
Location: Southend on Sea, Essex
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Reporting to: Managing Director & Head of Projects
Global travel will be required
Full UK Licence and own transport is essential
Must be flexible with working hours/staying away from home
- To facilitate the completion of projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Work closely with the Production Planner to ensure smooth running of all projects
- Take joint responsibility with other management towards multi-level quality assurance/inspection standards.
- To use and always update the Control Document daily working closely with the Project Team to ensure completeness - to be treated as a live document
- Liaise with FD in relation to budgets and finances
- Act in a pro-active way to cut costs by:
o Find better prices than those on your budget.
o Check labour needed with the installation manager - could the team size be reduced?
o Check whether you can double up deliveries or collections.
o Check whether deliveries can include dropping off a sample for the sales team etc
- Ensure that any items are contra or back charged where relevant
- Act in a pro-active way to cut costs by increasing efficiency, co-ordinating services and deliveries
- Hand over in full from the sales team - accepting the handover if all information is present. If the handover is incomplete, return to sales team for review.
- Handover in full to production - full 'file 3’ to be handed to production.
- Order/Book installation teams via the Installation Manager
- Order/Book transportation & any other 'non-production’ necessities - using Sage PO system
- Ensure all deadlines are met, ensuring all orders are placed and confirmed in time to meet the lead times required
- In the event of client dissatisfaction/complaint, ensure that an active approach is taken to investigate, resolve and report to all parties involved. Always ensuring that things are dealt with in a timely manner and that the client is always fully aware
- Attend Project Meetings when scheduled & fully prepare any information that will be needed
- ISO9001 - assist the company to complete all tasks required. Maintain the Complaints Log/Comments Log efficiently.
- To provide a Weekly Management report to Managing Director
- Ensure that nothing is left in an ambiguous or 'open-ended’ conclusion
- Ensure that emails are accessible 24/7 & respond within 12 hours
- Constant and effective communication with clients, suppliers, production, sales to ensure a transparent and efficient company process
- Communication by email - to respond to all emails on the day of receipt and ensure that all relevant parties are cc-ed as necessary
- To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters, and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated seriously
- To ensure that all work is to the highest quality whilst complying with all company standards
- To foster a 'can do’ culture by actively seeking solutions to problems
- To foster a good working relationship with all whom the job interacts
- To be responsible for conforming to the policies and procedures as set out in the staff handbook, including health & safety requirements and attending courses as directed
- To attend staff meetings as required
- To identify own on-going educational needs and discuss with your Line Manager
- To be prepared to develop skills that are required to meet the demands of the role as it evolves over time
- To always conduct yourself in a professional manner
- To carry out all aspects of your role positively and with enthusiasm
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'