Job Title - Contracts Manager
Package - Up to £65,000 + Package
Location - Newcastle
Experience working for a new build developer is desirable
We are currently searching for an experienced Contracts Manager, for our client a highly successful housing developer that has experienced steady growth and has established themselves as a leading name in the Residential market. Their projects are all based in the Newcastle region, making this a great opportunity for an individual in the area looking for a local opportunity. We are looking for a passionate individual with a strong track record in delivering exceptional projects on time and on budget.
- Responsible for 4-5 live sites
- Pre-start site inspections and preparation of CDM pack and develop through construction plan.
- Prepare suitable tender list for subcontractors and suppliers, monitor their performance and feedback to Commercial department.
- Ensure adequate and suitable resources are available for effective site start.
- Monitor performance against construction programme to ensure targets are met and completions are on time. Progress chasing as required. Provide dates through Sales/Build meetings to ensure legal completions are as forecast.
- Monitor Health & Safety performance to ensure compliance with legal obligations and Company requirements.
- Control additional costs for non-productive and prelim expenditure to ensure Group guidelines and take part in cost control meetings.
- Liaise with all departments to support the Site Manager's role and ensure information, materials and contractors are available.
- Monitor each stage of construction as work proceeds to ensure a quality product.
- Liaise with purchasers to ensure we provide a suitable level of service after completion.
- Support the Site Manager in ensuring that on-site Construction teams are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the site's workload.
- Provide a professional interface with purchasers, external contracts, contractors etc.
- Assist the Construction Director in all matters relating to the efficient performance of the Construction department.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- CSCS Card
- First Aid
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Must be computer literate
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job