Dawson Levy is delighted to be working with it's client, a specialist concrete repair contractor to recruit for two Contracts Managers to join their Midland's based office coving areas between the South Midlands and North or England.
Due to many new projects commencing, exciting opportunities for experienced Contract Managers to join the team, taking responsibility for various locations from the South Midlands and up into the North of England.
£60,000 plus Car/Car Allowance of £7,350.
Job Purpose / Summary:
Involvement from tender/handover stage with technical and practical input, to ensuring effective delivery of a variety of projects: including safety, quality, efficiency, profitability, management of internal resources, adherence to Company and legislative procedures and strong working relationships with all stakeholders (internal and external).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring safety is managed to Company and legal standards across all projects and through visible management commitment supporting the safety culture within the company
- Assisting the tendering team to review productivity rates, sequence of works and the overall strategy and contract terms for successful project delivery
- Ensuring formal project handover meetings are undertaken for each project won
- Coordination of resources and planning and production of works programmes
- Ensure clients' needs are clearly and correctly understood and communicated between all relevant parties
- Contract management in conjunction with the Commercial Team (Project Quantity Surveyor) to ensure the company's contractual position is protected and secured
- Whilst managing larger contracts off-site, also work with commercial counterpart (Project QS) to produce and maintain of monthly cost reports (MCR) for all live projects
- Liaison with internal departments (Technical, Factory & Purchasing) to ensure design works and deliveries of material and plant are carried out in line with programme requirements
- Use experience and technical knowledge to interpret contract data / works information to guide and assist project manager with developing methods for executing the works
- Ensuring Quality Assurance documentation is completed and followed on site
- Identifying training needs in relation to project requirements and employee development
- Developing and maintaining trusted relationships with existing and new client through active engagement during project delivery and ensuring overall client satisfaction
- Representing and promoting company's products and services when project obstacles/technical queries arise: establishing an image of professionalism and technical excellence among the industry
- Good working relationships with all support functions across the Business
Knowledge & Experience:
- A degree in civil engineering or equivalent in a relevant construction discipline
- NEBOSH Construction certificate (desirable)
- Demonstrable experience of management of concurrent contracts (gained from a TIER 2 contracting environment)
- Good working knowledge and experience in administering NEC form of contracts
- Ability to manage larger contracts with on-site management staff, as well as experience in self-delivering smaller contracts directly with site operatives
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge gained from some (or all) of the following: Jacking & Propping, Bearing Replacement, PT Civils (PTSI / installation / remediation grouting), Structural Repairs & Strengthening, Carbon Fibre Reinforcement
Competitive salary PLUS annual bonus; company car or allowance; private healthcare; income protection insurance; life assurance; company pension; company share scheme.
- NEC; Concrete Repair; Bridges
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'